Sweet & Sour Sticky Cauliflower
Healthy, warming and totally vegan – we promise this mouth watering cauliflower recipe will please even the biggest meat lovers!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 70g cornstarch
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 tbs corn starch + 2 tbs water
For serving: sesame seeds, green onion, and rice/ quinoa
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F / gas mark 7 and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and toss in the salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of oil. Give it a good shake to coat the cauliflower and then toss in enough cornstarch to give it a good covering
- Heat 2 tbps oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add in the cauliflower and fry for about 5 minutes, tossing to cook on all sides. Once done, place on the baking sheet.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic salt, and corn starch + water. Pour the sauce over top of the cauliflower and toss.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is just starting to get crispy.
- Serve with sesame seeds, green onion, and ENJOY!