Thai Style Pork Chops with creamy Satay sauce
Have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes with our succulent organic pork chops served with steamed rice and homemade tasty satay sauce.
- 4 (800g) pork chops
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped (seeds removed)
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (140g) crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (185ml) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onion, garlic and chilli for 3 mins. Add peanut butter, coconut milk, sweet soy sauce, brown sugar and lime juice. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 mins until heated through.
Meanwhile, heat a lightly oiled barbecue or chargrill over medium-high heat. Season pork. Cook for 3 mins each side or until just cooked through (depending on the size of the chops!).
Divide rice and pork among serving plates. Top with satay sauce, cucumber, chilli and coriander.